Olive Garden serves fresh-baked breadsticks to each table before the meal begins. Freshly Served hot, Olive Garden’s breadsticks are a favorite of the restaurant’s customers, and they can be pretty addicting! So much so, that many people may bring a few extra home to reheat later.
It’s important to reheat breadsticks in a way that ensures they’ll maintain their signature flavor and texture. You should enjoy them just as much a day later as you did at the restaurant.
You can reheat Olive Garden breadsticks by using a microwave, oven, toaster oven, or AirFryer. Before you begin, make sure to thaw out any breadsticks you decided to freeze. Freezing will give them a longer “life,” but you’ll achieve the best results if the bread is completely defrosted and at room temperature.
How To Reheat Olive Garden Breadsticks (Official Instructions)
When you visit an Olive Garden, they provide printed reheating instructions on the breadstick packaging if you get some to go.
Those official instructions are:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Keep the breadsticks in the bag or wrap them in foil.
- When the oven is ready, place breadsticks on the oven rack.
- Heat in the oven for about 5 minutes.
Check the breadsticks to see how warm and soft they are before removing them from the oven.
If they’re not warm enough, put them back in the oven for another 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle some melted butter on the breadsticks and serve.
How To Reheat Olive Garden Breadsticks in the Microwave
The amount of time you can reheat Olive Garden breadsticks in a microwave oven varies depending on the wattage of your microwave. You’ll usually get the best results by keeping your microwave on a “medium” setting.
Keep a close eye on the breadsticks when microwaving them to keep them from drying out.
These steps will simplify the process:
- Start by placing the breadsticks on a microwave-safe plate.
- Wrap them in a damp paper towel to maintain softness.
- Heat at 30 seconds on a medium setting or until warm.
Make sure you check the breadsticks after heating for any hot spots or uneven heating. If they still feel cold in some parts, heat at 10-second intervals until warm.
You may want to try heating one breadstick first to test your microwave’s power.
How To Reheat Olive Garden Breadsticks in the Toaster Oven
Reheating Olive Garden breadsticks in the toaster oven is a great way to add more of a “crisp” texture to the exterior, and will give you similar results as a convection oven.
Follow these steps to ensure they heat properly:
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wrap in foil and place on the rack.
- Reheat breadsticks for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
If the breadsticks haven’t browned to your liking, leave them in for an additional minute or two. It may take longer to heat than a traditional oven.
How To Reheat Olive Garden Breadsticks on the Stovetop
Reheating your breadsticks on the stovetop takes a bit more direct attention, but it’s possible with the following steps:
- Warm a few tablespoons of butter in a pan until it melts.
- Add the breadsticks.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the breadsticks are heated through, turning often.
Don’t turn the heat too high or step away – you don’t want the sticks to burn. Once heated, remove the breadsticks from the pan and brush them with garlic butter.
How To Reheat Olive Garden Breadsticks in the AirFryer
Warming your Olive Garden breadsticks in the AirFryer is one of the fastest methods, and can yield similar results to a traditional or toaster oven.
Simply place your breadsticks in the AirFryer at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and let them “fry” for 2-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
General Tips on Reheating Olive Garden Breadsticks
- For frozen breadsticks, thaw them completely before reheating them.
- Be careful when handling any hot oil or butter.
- Heat your breadsticks with a baking pan, foil, or oven-proof plate.
- The breadsticks must be heated until they have a soft texture.
- Try customizing them by adding parmesan, garlic butter, or cheddar cheese on top.
- If you want to serve with sauce, try marinara, alfredo, or garlic butter.
1. How Long Do Olive Garden Breadsticks Last in the Freezer?
You can store frozen Olive Garden breadsticks for up to 4 months.
To best preserve freshness, place the breadsticks in a freezer bag. You can also wrap them tightly in foil.
2. How Do You Make Garlic Butter?
Make quick and delicious garlic butter by melting two tablespoons of salted butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
Once it has melted, add one minced garlic clove and cook for approximately 30 seconds.
Next, add two tablespoons of finely chopped fresh parsley and mix well.
Pour or brush the garlic butter over the breadsticks and serve.
3. Can You Reheat Olive Garden Breadsticks in a Toaster?
A regular toaster is not the best choice for reheating breadsticks. The sticks won’t be able to fit properly and could burn.
4. How Do You Get the Breadsticks to Puff Up in the Microwave?
To make puffy Olive Garden breadsticks, pop them in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
By doing this, you’ll release the steam inside the breadsticks, causing them to “puff up”.
5. How Long Do Olive Garden Breadsticks Last Outside of the Fridge?
Olive Garden breadsticks can be stored for about two days if you keep them at room temperature. Keep them in an airtight container for best results.
Reheating the Best Breadsticks at Home
Breadsticks are an appetizer that can be served any time of the day. Whether you’re having a party with family and friends, looking to have a quick snack, or need something substantial to go with your meal, breadsticks are the perfect go-to option.
You can easily reheat Olive Garden breadsticks in a variety of easy ways. Pop a bunch of them in the oven if you’re having a dinner party and want to impress your guests, or put a couple in the microwave when you’re in a hurry and don’t feel like cooking.
When done properly, you can reheat Olive Garden breadsticks at home that taste just as good as when they were freshly baked.