This is one of the most-asked questions when exploring what foods are vegan, and I get why!
Now, if you’re vegan, you’ll want to know if these tasty treats are the treat for you.
Before we get into the article, I thought a comparison table showing you which Pringles are vegan would be useful!
|Vegan Pringles - US||Vegan Pringles - UK|
|Salt & Vinegar||Salt & Vinegar|
|Lightly Salted Original||Lightly Salted Original|
|Reduced Fat Original||Reduced Fat Original|
|Wavy Classic Salted||BBQ Ribs|
For all the others, they simply aren’t vegan I’m afraid!
Which non-vegan ingredients should I watch out for?
When we start out on the vegan journey it can be time-consuming to read the ingredients, but in time you learn to know what to look out for and the no-go’s jump up to your eyes!
If a new flavor comes out and you want to check yourself, here are some key ingredients that are dead giveaways in knowing a product is not vegan: Whey, cream, milk, buttermilk, sodium caseinate, cheese cultures, whey protein concentrate.
What are Pringles, anyway?
This is most likely a rhetorical question as Pringles are high up on the list of most popular snacks in the world, but what are these delicious duck-lip treats made from?
Pringles are potato-based snacks made from dehydrated potatoes (42%), wheat starch, corn & rice flour, as well as an emulsifier, yeast and salt.
All of these base ingredients are plant-based and even the emulsifier E471 is derived from plant sources (thankfully)!
But beware, they are addictive!
Vegan Alternatives to Pringles
Now Fear Not, avid snacker! There are several alternatives to Pringles that are vegan-friendly.
Here are some popular options:
- Lays Classic Potato Chips: Lays Classic Potato Chips are a widely available and popular option for vegan-friendly potato chips. They are made from simple ingredients like potatoes, vegetable oil, and salt.
- Kettle Brand Potato Chips: Kettle Brand offers a variety of vegan-friendly potato chip flavors. Their chips are made with non-GMO ingredients and cooked in small batches for a crispy texture. Some popular flavors include Sea Salt, Salt & Vinegar, and Jalapeno.
- Cape Cod Potato Chips: Cape Cod Potato Chips are known for their kettle-cooked chips with a hearty crunch. Their Original flavor and Sea Salt & Vinegar flavor are vegan-friendly options.
- Beanfields Bean Chips: Beanfields Bean Chips are made from a blend of beans and rice, offering a high-protein alternative to traditional potato chips. They come in various flavors like Sea Salt, Nacho, and Barbecue, all of which are vegan.
- Popchips: Popchips are air-popped chips that are lower in fat compared to traditional potato chips. They have a light and crispy texture and come in flavors like Sea Salt, BBQ, and Sour Cream & Onion, which are vegan-friendly.
- Boulder Canyon Avocado Oil Chips: Boulder Canyon offers chips cooked in avocado oil, which gives them a unique taste and texture. Their Sea Salt and Classic Sea Salt flavors are vegan-friendly.
- Tyrrells Vegetable Crisps: Tyrrells Vegetable Crisps are made from a variety of root vegetables like beetroot, parsnip, and carrot. They are seasoned with natural ingredients and cooked in sunflower oil. Their Vegetable Crisps are vegan-friendly.
These are just a few examples of vegan-friendly chip alternatives to Pringles. Which others can you recommend?
Of course, always remember to check the ingredients list and any allergen information to ensure that the product meets your dietary preferences and needs.